Put a unique twist on your child’s birthday party! Make it a fun and educational adventure at the Montana Audubon Center. We offer parties for children ages 2 and up. All of our programs are hands-on, and encourage inquiry-based learning and fun.
Cost is $125 for up to 15 children. Parties larger than 15 children are $175. Call 406-294-5099 to inquire or reserve a time.
What you bring:
- Food, decorations (no helium balloons, please!), party favors, etc.
- Dishware and utensils
- Excited kids and their supervising parents
What we provide:
- Use of the large classroom at the Norm Schoenthal Field Lab
- Tables, chairs, electrical outlets, firepit, and restrooms
- Access to the Montana Audubon Center site and adjacent Yellowstone River trail system
- A one-hour program on any of the themes listed below
- A special gift for the birthday kid!
- Available rental of our gas barbeque grill ($15)
- Tricky Tracks & Animal Signs: Learn about animal tracks and other signs they leave behind. Go on a scavenger hunt in search of animals at the Center.
- Bird Brains: Learn what makes birds special, and how to identify some common residents. See if you can communicate with your flock of friends just like birds do.
- Bug Out: Discover what makes insects and spiders unique. Collect them with nets, and get up close and personal to them with magnifying glasses.
- Macroinvertebrate Mayhem: Wade into the water to discover the little critters that live in the ponds.
- Nature Hike and Forest Games: Learn about native plants and traditional uses while you play games during a nature hike on Norm’s Island.
- Canoeing Adventures: Learn the basics of canoeing, then practice your new skills while exploring the ponds. Add $50 to base fee.