Location: Billings, MT
Salary: Wage depended on experience, starting at $15
Benefits: Vacation, Simple IRA w/ match, Health, Dental, and Vision
Volunteer Coordinator is a permanent, professional staff position whose primary responsibility is to assist the Montana Audubon Center Director and Conservation and Policy Director in engaging the community through its volunteer and internship programs. This position will also assist in day to day operation and communications at the Center.
Manage and Expand Volunteer Program
- Recruit, manage and enhance Montana Audubon’s citizen science, land restoration, and environmental education volunteer programs.
- Provide outreach, training and support to staff and volunteers.
- Provide project reporting and assist with project data management and surveys
Manage and Oversee Intern Program
- Recruit, manage and continue development of Internship Program at the Montana Audubon Center.
- Co-supervise Interns with other Program Lead Staff.
Assist with and Create Communication Content
- Assist with content creation and editing of blog posts, social media posts, and newsletters.
- Participating in overall Center management, fundraising, and decision-making as part of the Center Leadership Team.
- Engage in Montana Audubon meetings and events.
- Provide additional support; as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Completion of a 2-year or 4-year degree
- A combined 2+ years of professional experience in volunteer management, administration, or related fields.
- Proficient organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work in a collaborative work culture
- Proficient computer and database management skills
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal) and excellent interpersonal skills.
Please send cover letter and resume to [email protected] with the subject line “Volunteer Coordinator”.
Posting closes June 10th, 2022
We are always excepting applications for Teacher Naturalists.
Email Taisha Haggard at [email protected] for inquiries.
Montana Audubon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of
race, color, age, ethnicity, religion, creed, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation or
preference, gender identity, genetic information, sex, marital status, disability, or status as a