It’s Birdathon Time!
We need YOU! It’s Time for Birdathon 2023!
As we move through spring, new beginnings are on our minds! Birds are returning, native plants are sprouting, and the days are becoming warmer and longer. Much like springtime, new beginnings are happening at Montana Audubon. We have spread our wings in
significant ways, from launching our new Conservation Ranching department to building a new preschool space, Shepard’s Field Station, at Montana Audubon Center.
With Montana’s landscapes stirring back to life, it’s time for our annual Birdathon, one of Montana’s Audubon’s largest fundraisers of the year. Birdathon engages you, our supporters, in the vital conservation work we do for birds and other wildlife in the state.
Thanks to you, we accomplished so much in the past year, including:
- Researched eight bird Species of Concern through staff and citizen science projects, with resulting data informing habitat conservation efforts in Montana;
- Partnered with Montana Natural Heritage Program to review 2 million records from seven years of Montana eBird data for acceptance into state zoological databases, resulting in updated state range maps for more than 50 species of birds;
- Launched our Conservation Ranching department, which has enrolled a dozen ranches totaling more than 110,000 acres of pristine grasslands protecting our vulnerable grassland birds;
- Connected 2,500 children with nature through quality educational programs at Montana Audubon Center in Billings; built Shepard’s Field Station at the Center to house Fledglings preschool classes;
- Advocated for or against 50 proposed legislative bills, supporting 16 (7 passed) and opposing 34, during an exceptionally difficult Montana legislative year; advocated for Recovering America’s Wildlife Act (RAWA) and launched the Montana RAWA coalition;
- Reconvened Wings Across the Big Sky following a two-year hiatus due to COVID.
Your support of Birdathon is a vital part of the financial backbone of Montana Audubon. We need your help now more than ever, with always-increasing challenges threatening our conservation work.
Birdathon will take place over 24 hours at this year’s Wings Across the Big Sky, Montana’s Premier Birding Festival. With Festival attendees and Montana Audubon board and staff participation, Birdathon will begin on June 9th, 6 pm, and conclude on June 10th, 6 pm. Giving to the Birdathon is easy! You can donate an amount “per-bird species sighted” (we’re shooting for 125!), or you can give any sum of your choice.
The best part about donating to Birdathon is that your gift helps us double our impact. To date, generous donors have pledged $10,000 in matching funds for each dollar we raise from supporters like you.
THANK YOU for your past and future support!
Please consider a Birdathon gift that is personally meaningful to you…and double your conservation impact this year and beyond!
Click here to donate!
PS: Donate $100+ or $1+ per bird species to receive our Bird Guide or Wildlife Guide. Donate $200+ or $2+ per bird species and receive both guides!
2018, 2019, 2020