CALL for 2018 AWARD NOMINATIONS
Each year Montana Audubon recognizes its heroes and honors its champions at our Bird Festival. We are currently seeking nominations in the following categories for our annual awards:
- Lifetime Achievement Award. For an Audubon volunteer who has dedicated extraordinary effort, time and energy to shape the activities and successes of a local Audubon Chapter and/or Montana Audubon.
- Educator of the Year. For a person who has shown outstanding achievement in educating others about birds, other wildlife, and conservation of habitat.
- Conservationist of the Year. For an individual who has provided significant wildlife conservation achievement in Montana.
- Citizen Scientist of the Year. For a person contributing significantly to our knowledge and understanding of birds and their habitats through monitoring and observations.
- Special Achievement Award. For a person who has shown an extraordinary commitment to birds, other wildlife, and the conservation of habitat on a special project or through special activities.
Download a nomination form HERE: 2018_Award_Nomination_Form.
To be considered for this year’s awards, nominations and all supporting material must be emailed (PREFERRED) OR postmarked no later than May 21, 2018. Nomination material can be sent to Janet Ellis by email, mail (Montana Audubon, PO Box 595, Helena, MT 59624), or fax: (406) 443-7144. The award ceremony will take place on June 9 at Montana Audubon’s Bird Festival in Kalispell. Questions? Contact Janet at 406-443-3949 or [email protected].
Below you will find our award winners from 2016 and 2017. The complete list of individuals recognized since 1996 can be downloaded HERE: MT_Audubon_Award_List.
These awards were presented at our annual Bird Festival in Great Falls in 2017. We recognize these individuals and groups for their excellent work:
These awards were presented at our annual Bird Festival in Missoula in 2016. We recognize these individuals and groups for their excellent work:
- Conservationist of the Year ~ Becky Kean (Montana Raptor Conservation Center)
- Environmental Educator of the Year ~ Larry Weeks (Missoula)
- Citizen Scientist of the Year ~ Gary Swant (Deer Lodge)
- Lifetime Achievement Award ~ Bev Orth Geoghegan (Five Valleys Audubon)
- Outstanding Achievement ~ Jeff Marks, Dan Casey & Paul Hendricks (co-authors of the 2016 reference book, Birds of Montana)
- Science Outreach Award ~ Whisper Camel-Means and Stephanie Gillin (Tribal Wildlife Management Program, Confederated Salish and Kootenai Tribes)