Put a unique twist on your child’s birthday party! Make it a fun and educational adventure at the Montana Audubon Center. We offer parties for children ages 3 and up. All of our programs are hands-on, and encourage inquiry-based learning and fun. Join us for our 2 hour birthday party events!
Cost is $175 for up 25 people and $195 for parties larger than 25.
MEMBERS of the center get a 10% discount.
Reservations are available every 3rd Saturday of the month from 10 AM-12 PM, 1-3 PM, or 4-6 PM. Please keep this in mind when you fill out the form below.
Fill out our birthday request form and one of our staff members will get back to you. You may also call 406-294-5099 and ask to speak to Jessica Mills.
Please submit requests at least 2 weeks in advance.
* Due to a shortage of staffing on weekends, we may not be able to accommodate your request.
What you bring:
- Food, decorations (no helium balloons, please!), party favors, etc.
- Dishware and utensils
- Excited kids and their supervising parents
What we provide:
- Use of the large classroom at the Norm Schoenthal Field Lab
- Tables, chairs, picnic shelter, water, and restrooms
- Access to the Montana Audubon Center site (including its ponds and trails) and adjacent Yellowstone River trail system
- A one-hour program on any of the themes listed below and an hour of birthday celebration time (2 hrs. total)
- A special gift for the birthday kid!
- Critter Science Investigations: Ages 3 and up. Learn how to ID animals by their tracks, skulls, and signs. This program includes access to all our animal eco-facts for your party guests and if time permits, a nature walk to look for real animal signs. (year round)
- Backyard Birds: Ages 6 and up. Learn what makes birds special using our collection of bird eco-facts, and how to identify some common avian residents. Then head outside with a pair of binoculars in search of birds.(year round)
- Bug Out: Ages 3 and up. Discover what makes insects and spiders unique. Collect them with nets, then get up close and personal with magnifying glasses and identification guides. (late spring, summer and fall only)
- Macroinvertebrate Mayhem: Ages 5 and up. Wade into the water to discover the little critters that live in the ponds, then collect and ID them using nets and identification guides. (summer and fall only)
- Canoeing Adventures: Ages 5 and up. Learn the basics of canoeing, then practice your new skills while exploring the ponds. (late spring, summer and fall only)
- Exploring Nature: Ages 3 and up. Join one of our instructors as they lead the party around the center trails looking for animals, plants, and animal signs.